Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Maastricht, Netherlands

Hello, from another wonderful, cool evening in Amsterdam. Today my brother and I went to our family's homeland, Schermerhorn, and it was great, especially the windmill museum. Why pay amusement park prices when you can have as much fun on the third story of a windmill for only €4? More on that later, but for now enjoy a sneak preview



Here are a few photos from Maastricht. For some reason I didn't take any pictures of work or my coworkers. Oh, well--a reason to go back again...

 
 


 
 What's interesting about Maastricht is that it was first built as a Roman outpost. Here's part of the Roman wall built to protect the original city, with a bonus hot air balloon.
 

 



 Man, there's so many stories to share, but not enough time to write them all down now while traveling--or as I've realized, time to write them eloquently, too. I'm looking forward to sharing them in person with you!

I'll try to post again about Amsterdam and Schermerhorn soon. Have a good one!



No comments: