Tuesday, September 15, 2009

International Bustling

Man, almighty, free internet at St Pancreas International.

Just a quick post to say how fun it is to sit and soak up the international happenings at St. Pancreas. Train station announcements in English and French, well-dressed business people, shopping, food, and the excitement of comings and goings (and wishing the best of luck to those running to their trains of catching them.)

I had a minor scare that I blew out my bad knee for good, getting my luggage off the Underground, but oh, so thankfully, it's doing fine now. (Thoughts of having to sit out of the fall Ultimate league flashed before me, before I walked it off and realized all was okay--whew!) Maybe though, I can use it to my advantage to get a quick pass to the front of the line as we wait in line for touring castles and museums.Sure, Europe isn't Disneyland, but I'll still see what I can do...

Thanks and goodbye to my friends on the Highfield Oval. 'Twas indeed a great time hanging out, eating sticky toffee pudding, wandering around the high street, chatting, eating M&S, and playing a sorry game of Mario Kart. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you all again one day soon, preferably over a giant vat of sticky toffee pudding! 

No comments: