Saturday, September 29, 2007

Around Town


I got a new bicycle last week and took Friday off from work to ride my bike and to take pictures of Minneapolis. I had so much fun riding, I only stopped twice for pictures, but the pictures I did take definitely show how awesome of a fall day it was. The first one is of the pedestrian bridge crossing over Minnehaha Creek just west of Lyndale Ave at about 9 am. It was just me and a few squirrels down there for a while. The second one is at lake Harriet looking towards uptown and downtown Minneapolis. The Twin Cities Marathon is next weekend and there were a lot of people getting in their last training run before the race at the lake.

Even though I don't have a picture of it, I rode the whole Midtown Greenway Trail to the Mississippi for the firs time. I highly recommended riding it! http://www.midtowngreenway.org/






2 comments:

katielicht said...

heidi schermerhorn!! i can't believe i found your blog. this is katie brandt (now licht). i know this is bizarre, but last night i had a dream about how I hadn't seen you in forever. so i googled, and now here i am. :) send me an email, i'd love to hear what you're up to these days. katielicht@gmail.com

SWHo said...

nice ride, Heids!