Tuesday, September 4, 2007

10k on Labor Day


My friend Melanie and I ran in a 10k race yesterday--my first time running 6 miles in one day. We had a well-cushioned lead on the back fourth of the runners. ;o) In fact, since I didn't have a camera with me, I took it upon myself to recreate part of the race in Illustrator, and if you take a look at the picture, you'll notice there aren't many people around us. Unfortunately, you will also notice a flattened squirrel on the road. All in all it was a good time, despite my inability to understand how to pace myself. Thus, I am a few steps behind Melanie in this picture with a more distressed look on my face. ;o)

At any rate, I think it is great that people sign up for things like this knowing full well they aren't contending for first place. They allow people to push themselves a little further than they would by themselves. If only we'd wear race numbers every day.

No comments: