Saturday, April 26, 2008

Whirlwind Tour of the UK

Whew! We're all catching our breath as we're unpacking and enjoying our 3 days on the Oval before taking off for Tanzania on Tuesday. I'm so excited to get my Yellow Fever jab right before I leave, but such is life.

The days have been moving so fast that I can't believe it is the end of...April! I'll be home in 2 months and 1 day, which is so hard to believe. I'm really looking forward to coming home, sharing the stories that go along with these photos and more:
Cats are everywhere in England. Some friendly, some not so friendly, but all are curious.
Wow. I tried so hard to eat black pudding, but I just wasn't able to get it past my teeth. Agh!
Whoo-hoo, I took the lift and climbed a few stairs to make it to the top of the Blackpool Tower. Very fun!
Most people on my outreach team have become obsessed with Muller yogurt. The Americans and German take note of the umlauts and say "mew-lur," whereas the English ignore them and say "miller." On a related note, the Americans also say "Zee-brah" while the English say "Zeh-brah."

Our host family in Blackpool, Jules and Maria--good times!This was a hilarious living rendition of the resurrection in the back of a small church in Malden, England. I have to say, it was quite the find and I'm glad I could take a picture of it.
Malden is famous for the tide and the mud flat races on Boxing Day. The day we were there the tide was in and it was gorgeous!
Allyson, Brittani, and I having our hand at making an elegant dinner atmosphere for our team in Chelmsford. There are cats on my apron.
My friend Roz and I were having fun hamming it up for the camera while out on one of our MANY prayer walks in Chelmsford.
And this here is the results of the MANY prayer walks we did in Chelmsford.

Oh, there is so much more. Check back soon for more photos and details of our England outreach, which was fantastic, by the way!

No comments: