Sunday, April 27, 2008

More Outreach Photos

Some great times were had these past few weeks and here a few more photos to prove it.At the top of Blackpool Tower on the "walk of faith," which was a little disappointing because it was only about a 5-foot square of thick, scratched up Plexiglas, but it was still a trip if you thought about just how high you really were.
Bowling Greens! Oh, how fun it is to watch people bowl. It is a fun sport and I'll definitely have to play before I leave.
Our shopping at Tesco, which is even more massive that Wal-Mart. Feel free to click on the photo and take a look at how different the English nutrition facts are from American nutrition facts.
This was my meal at the carvery (a buffet at which one only goes up once) at the Squirrel Pub. Yes, the Squirrel Sub. At any rate, you'll see 2 Yorkshire puddings, cranberry sauce, carrots, peas, onions, gravy, and turkey somewhere on that plate. All for only £3.50!

Here's most of our team posing with Tea Tree Oil impregnated toothpicks. Spicy and refreshing!
Did I mention that my friend Ester and I tried black pudding? Ester finished hers; I couldn't even eat what I took. Apparently there is white pudding being served out there somewhere.
That is North Pier in Blackpool on the Irish Sea. Strangest carnival I've ever been to, although the chips and curry were splendid.
Ah, the Salt & Light Cafe. That's my bedroom right about "Light." A great place in Blackpool and in my heart! The local sandwich is called a barm, but pronounced "bomb." It is pretty much just a sandwich served on giant hamburger bun. I need to give a word of caution: never mistake yellow horseradish sauce for yellow mustard.
The English are serious about letting you know if the loo you want to use is, er, occupied or not.

If you're eager for spring to come, I'll be posting a lot of nature, architecture, bits and bobs photos next so make room on your desktop and screen savers for some excellent English garden photos.

No comments: