Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Good things happen over coffee

In the week and a half that I've been in Harpenden, I've tried 7 different coffee blends and just haven't found that one special blend that I can say "now that's a good cup of coffee."

Now on one hand, I'm content with English coffee, after all, it is a big part of my English experience and it is pretty fun to order when I'm out. (Every restaurant gives you a biscuit with your coffee--very touching). But, on the other hand, for the mornings that I make coffee at home, I think "wouldn't it be great to have a slice of home while I consider England my home for the next 3 months?"

Therefore, if you feel led, feel free to mail some American-packed coffee beans my way. A vanilla-hazelnut specialty blend, cheap grocery-store brand morning blend, leftovers from your pantry, Maxwell House, whatever!

(coffee this morning: sure I can stomach it, but why stomach coffee when there's good coffee to enjoy?)

In return, I'll mail you back or hand deliver upon my return some coffee-related English snacks or accessories for you.

You can mail coffee, and general correspondence for that matter, to me at the following address:

Heidi Schermerhorn
2008 January DTS
Highfield Oval
Ambrose Lane
Harpenden
Herts
AL5 4BX
England

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Consider some Caribou beans on the way... a little treat from Bailey, let's say... anonymously. ;)