Monday, January 14, 2008

English Squirrels

The weather is really finicky here, so Saturday morning I took my coffee outside to determine how many layers I should wear and there in the leaves it was: my first English squirrel.


Odd how now that I've seen one, I've seen about a dozen more. Ironically, it turns out two people on our base have permits to carry guns to hunt squirrels and pigeons. You either love them or hate them I guess.

In other news, for some reason www.heidischermerhorn.com has gone haywire. I'm looking into it and hopefully will have it up and running again soon. I suppose this is a good time to explain my plans that if both websites are working from here on out, this (blogger.com) site will be for photos that go along with my updates on heidischermerhorn.com (it is much faster to upload pictures to blogger than doing it by hand on heidischermerhorn.com) and other miscellaneous commentary, while heidischermerhorn.com will be where I post things that are a little more in depth about why I'm here, what I've been learning, and things like that.

I have plenty of updates to pass along so stay tuned for my essay on St. Albans Cathedral, Ye Old Fighting Cock, and park-dwelling English ducks and birds.

No comments: