Friday, February 22, 2008

Orange Squash

I wanted to let you know about two of my most-favourite British foods thus far: Shreddies and Squash. They are fantastic and here's why:

Shreddies
  • Provide just a hint of sweetness, lots of crunch, and plenty of fiber
  • Great for introducing the world to puppy chow
  • Very affordable at 2 for 4 pounds at Sainsburys this week
Orange Squash
  • I'm fascinated by the dilution process. Simply combine 1:4 parts squash-to-water in your favourite glass and you've got a great thirst quencher
  • It's the adult version of Kool-Aide, actually providing 10% fruit juice
  • I just discovered it is available in the US
In fact, it seems there are a few online stores in the US offering many of the sweet and savory foods that I've come to love and hate while I'm over here. Feel free to splurge and enjoy some squash, or any of the other products in their fine selection. I suggest some of Mr. Kippling's cakes, milk chocolate digestives and oat cakes to name a few.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see that the world isn't completely homogized yet. I'm glad I have to send away to England for Brylcreem. The Royal Mail is the best, 3 tubes and not one dent!